Monday, July 20, 2009

BLUE CHEER EVOLUTION



Ah the evolution of Blur Cheer to bona fide rock and roll stars seems complete now. Gone is the three man power trio forever( never say that) and we now have a quartet who can play some pretty good numbers. Success must be on the way! (never say that) as Fool is released as a single. With this LP Paul Whaley has departed the music industry( never say that) and Norman Mayell of the Sopwith Camel takes over the drums. In my opinion this is a great LP and one of my favorites. Don't get me wrong It ain't Blue Cheer as one might expect. Only one problem with this LP. It did not sell. Dickie Peterson is outstanding on this one. His bass is smoothand his vocals let us know that somewhere in this evolution there is still a Blue Cheer to be heard.

1 comments:

warlock said...

I still got the vinyl of this. The best thing about BC was the evolution of their playing ability. Even now, the new guitar player took Leigh Stevens licks{which were raw but not well schooled}and perfected them. So now 40 years later they sound better than ever.Can't tell I'm a long,long time fan,can ya? Thanks ! Like I said, this is one of my favorite weeks.

Post a Comment