Sunday, May 29, 2016

SWEET LINDA




Linda Tillery is an American singer and percussionist born in San 
Francisco.Tillery was born in 1948 to parents who migrated from Texas to San Francisco.

Tillery first came to prominence as the lead singer in San Francisco group The 
Loading Zone from 1968 to 1969. After that group split in 1970 she recorded her 
debut album ( Sweet Linda Divine) for CBS Records, and worked as a studio musician 
through much of the 1970s, playing drums on albums by Santana, Mary Watkins, and 
Teresa Trull. She became a producer and staff artist at Olivia Records late in the
decade, and released a second full-length album on the label in 1978
Her association with Olivia led her into the genre of women's music; she has 
collaborated with June Millington, Deirdre McCalla, Barbara Higbie, Holly Near, and 
Margie Adam, as well as with pop musicians like Kenny Loggins, Huey Lewis, and Bobby 
McFerrinShe produced the music for the documentary film "A Question of Color", and created 
and performed the music for the dance, Invisible Wings, with choreographer Joanna 
Haigood.In the 1990s, she began exploring African music, forming the group Cultural Heritage 
Choir. She also plays with her own band Skin Tight, a jazz/blues outfit.


 

A-1:I'll Say It Again (4:41)
A-2:Same Time, Same Place (6:21)
A-3:I Love My Dog (4:23)
A-4:Boog-A-Dunk (4:24)
A-5:Young Girl Blues (5:39)
B-1:Good Day Sunshine (2:45)
B-2:Cigarettes And Coffee (7:21)
B-3:Things I Just Don't Understand (3:53)

There is another track on the LP but oddly it is missing on the file I have  Maybe some one out there in blog land can be kind and provide that missing tune

I've Got a Tiger By The Tail


4 comments:

Carlos said...

Thanks Bill, for this one! I didn't knew her. Very good. Take care and enjoy life. :)

Anonymous said...

One of my all time favorites from the Al Kooper (Johnny Organ) era of producing albums, along with Appaloosa. They both sound sweet today.

Anonymous said...

Say, where's the final cut? I Got A Tiger By The Tail?

Miles said...

I agree with Marc, a longtime favorite (although also long lost to my collection) until now. Very sweet indeed! My thanks.

Post a Comment