Friday, March 4, 2011

BUSTED! DOWN ON BOURBON STREET


Phil's amp fails, forcing an unscheduled acoustic set to close the show with. Jerry plays electric guitar for some of the acoustic set. This is also the day that the Dead were busted by the New Orleans police before the show, prompting some appropriate stage banter. The recording was normalized with Sound Forge, which was also used to edit a few small blemishes.

The Dead performed at The Warehouse for two nights. On January 31, 1970, the local police raided their hotel on Bourbon Street and arrested and charged a total of 19 people with possession of various drugs. This event was later memorialized in the lyrics of the song Truckin’.

Disc 1
(electric set)

1. Cold Rain & Snow
2. Mama Tried
3. Stage Banter
4. Dire Wolf
5. Big Boss Man
6. Morning Dew
7. Mason’s Children
8. Me & My Uncle
9. Hard To Handle

Disc 2
(acoustic set)

1. Stage Banter
2. Long Black Limousine
3. Seasons Of My Heart
4. Saw Mill
5. Bound In Memories
6. The Race Is On
7. Black Peter
8. Little Sadie
9. I’ve Been All Around This World
10. Katie Mae
11. Cumberland Blues

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of the cover art you do. I've downloaded based just on the cover art, just like I did in the old days.

Thanks for everything,

m

Post a Comment