Saturday, May 19, 2012

MUSIC FROM THE BARBARY COAST

In the next outing of music to remember,review, and listen to I am going to showcase the San Francisco freak scene bands that did not quite make it outside the Bay Area. I will try to give you some background on each group or musician. I may go a bit outside of the Bay Area with a nod to some of those acts I deem as Honorary San Francisco bands. I was never a visitor to the area at that time however I did not miss a chance to see many of the acts during the late sixties -early seventies. The San Francisco groups have always been my favorites( and to this day still are)
A few years back Rhino put out a Compilation of San Francisco nuggets. I recommend it highly. I wll expand a bit on that effort and hope to entertain you while listening to some of my old favorites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment