Sunday, May 18, 2014

SPEAKING IN TONGUES

As the world knows the Rolling Stones recently celebrated their 50th anniversary this past year as being the world's greatest rock and roll band. I myself prefer the early Stones work over the latter. I say that their rhythm and blues influenced LP's from 63 to 68 are my own personal favorites. I began to pay less attention to the their works after the Sticky Fingers release. The Stones to me will always be the band that included Brian Jones and Bill Wyman. I have put together a few songs that are some of own favorites with the twist that they are covered by other artists.Of course they have that 24hrdejavu touch about them.I would say the greatest tribute to any musician would be when other artists play your music. Some of these versions are quite good and many have a unique presentation. The Stones have given us some truly great songs in their 50 year history
  

01  (i can't get no) satisfaction - terry knight & the pack
02  the last time - who
03  surprise surprise - ola & the janglers
04  spider and the fly - buffalo tom
05  lady jane - rotary connection
06  jumpin' jack flash - leigh stephens
07  19th nervous breakdown - standells
08  paint it black - mind garage
09  ruby tuesday - d'cukoo
10  play with fire - beau brummels
11  get off of my cloud - tomcats
12  heart of stone - allman brothers band
13  under my thumb- sweetheart
14  off the hook - mojo men
15  as tears go by - marianne faithful
16  mother's little helper - liz phair
17  honky tonk women - hank williams jr
18  street fighting man - chesterfield kings
19  no expectations - soulsavers
20  she's a rainbow - world of twist
21  child of the moon - ant-bee
22  wild horses - flying burrito brothers
23  dead flowers - new riders of the purple sage
24  gimme shelter - grand funk railroad


http://mir.cr/05B48M4J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another outstanding collection. Looks like you put a lot of time in to it. You've got versions I know but many I am looking forward to hearing for the first time. And the home stretch from Ant-Bee to Grand Funk! (Thanks for including Ant-Bee) And ya know Hawkwind does a version of Gimme Shelter. OK- that's about all except maybe if it isn't too much trouble, could you give us a download button?
Thanks-steVe

24HOURDEJAVU said...

OOPS ! i know I am not crazy I know I put that button on there but is there now.

zero said...

Hi,
we had a little trouble with blogger and had to rebuild our blog with a new adress:

http://zerosounds.blogspot.de/

Would be great if you could support us by achanging our adress in your link list. Thanks a lot! And many, many thanks for all the great music on your blog!

All the best!

Post a Comment