Monday, April 27, 2015

TEN MILES HIGH



As I began to select tunes for this tenth edition of this instrumental series, I was very sure that I would stop after this volume.. I found myself sinking into heavier and longer tracks and found another burst of energy to continue onward. Indeed these choices become more powerful after the first couple of tunes and and I found that the longer I play songs like "watermelon" and "maggot' it has intrigued me to dig deeper  for a a while longer.. Incredible guitar works and arrangements( note the bells in the "watermelon" background. I dare say this track alone pushes the very button of why I listen to so much music.

01 ghost riders(in the sky) - ramrods
02 where there's smoke there's fire - buckwheat zydeco
03 jungle beat - del rays
04 let there be drums - sandy nelson
05 bengal jig - roy wood
06 bouree- jethro tull
07 buried alive in the blues - janis joplin band
08 po boy - problem child
09 soul sacrifice - santana
10 banjo dog - gene parsons
11 bron-y-aur - led zeppelin
12 sasquatch - camel
13 in the hall of the mountain king - electric light orchestra
14 flight of the phoenix - grand funk railroad
15 surfing with the alien - joe satriani
16 interstellar overdrive - pink floyd
17 frankenstein - edgar winte's white trash
18 migration -- amboy dukes
19 ogden's nut gone flake - small faces
20 udu chant - planet drum
21 unidentifed flying object - ufo
22 wierdhouse - nigel olssen's drum orchestra and chorus
23 maggot brain - funkadelic
24 watermelon in easter hay - frank zappa



0 comments:

Post a Comment