Monday, January 25, 2016

OPEN AIR ROCK CIRCUS 1970

After posting the Chuck Berry photo it got me to thinking about the actual event and who played that day. Other than Mr Berry I could only recall 2 other acts on the bill that day. One was Steamhammer (who were quite popular in Germany at that time.) the other was Black Sabbath in one of their early dates. In reviewing the top photo the musician to the right on stage has on orange pants. The drummer is in the center. I believe this indeed was BS and they opened on that day. I cannot remember too much about the day but after searching the internet I stumbled across a video of BS on Sun June 21.1070  at Radstadion Frankfurt Germany In reviewing the video I found it to be the exact date and performance that I had seen that day, Ozzie is in orange pants and as the video rolls you can see that it is indeed the venue that I had attended

                       

I searched again for that days artist roster and found confirmation that BS and Steamhammer played that day along with . Deep Purple. Edgar Broughton and info on the festival makes a claim that Uriah Heep was also on the bill. It is noted that Chuck Berry did not play as he was cancelled by the promoters for trying to blackmail them for more money Being totally honest with you my memory of the day is very limited as these photos are  my only recollection.  I do remember it was a good time.and so very long ago!
Polaroids taken on 6-21-70


0 comments:

Post a Comment